Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 4- Favorite Book

Ooo tough on! I am a teacher and I read CONSTANTLY. I can tell you books I've enjoyed, but I honestly don't have a favorite book.

This book is one of my all time favorite pleasure reads. It is Christian Fiction, but I love Lori Wick and I read this one every summer. It is always my first pleasure read book and it is wonderful!

If you want a book that will make you think, you have to read The Help. It is wonderful! It was Kathryn Stockett's first book, and I think she did mighty fine. It takes on the views of segregation in the 1960's. It was shocking to me to read, but it was eye opening too. I think it would make a great movie! It was funny and sad. I really recommend it... oh and you'll never look at chocolate pie the same again. :)


This book is sort of a lighter version of The Help. I bought this book to read on vacation and I couldn't put it down. Definitely a great book to read and I suggest you check it out. It is Beth Hoffman's first book as well. It also takes place in the 60's (I think... I forget).


This is a great children's book that has a message! It has wonderful pictures, and I think the message (segregation) is a great one. I didn't meant to pick a theme this post. I just love this book and it is a great one for kids to read.


And what teacher can post without recommending Dr. Suess? This book was given to me twice. Once at my kindergarten graduation, and once at my high school graduation. It is a great book with an awesome message. I've come to realize that ALL of Dr. Suess's books have great messages. A lot of people just think of his books with goofy wording, etc, but read into it. They each have a great message to share!


Happy reading!

No comments: