Saturday, December 27, 2008

We had an earthquake!

We had an earthquake last night!!! Actually, the earthquake was in the neighboring county but it was strong enough that we felt it here. It was a 3.3 on the Richter scale. It shook the whole house! The ornaments on the tree were shaking like crazy! The dogs went absolutely NUTS! They were sleeping and when it started they went absolutely crazy. Running around barking, not quite sure at who or where to bark. The news said it was at 12:04am, and it lasted for about 30 seconds. I thought it was a huge truck going by at first, but unless they are delivery trucks, trucks aren't allowed in our neighborhood. then I was thinking that maybe it could have been someone's house blowing up or an oil tank or something, but when it lasted for a while I knew it was an earthquake. This was the first one I actually felt! I've slept through all the other ones we've ever had.

1 comment:

ThoughtsON said...

That is crazy! Glad everything is ok! I woke up one morning to a tiny little earthquake that lasted just a few seconds. This is basically unheard of in Alabama and most people slept through it, but it was enough to wake me up! Very weird feeling!