Friday, December 26, 2008

I need prayers

I might have another kidney stone. I was supposed to have dr's appt and CT scan done today but neither happened. Here is why:

I drove down to have the CT scan done and go to my appt, and they didn't want to do the CT scan until they knew for sure whether or not I was pregnant. I went and had bloodwork done and then sat in the waiting room waiting for my results. An hour and a half went by waiting for the results, and by then it was too late to go to the dr's and I had to schedule an appointment for Monday morning. The tech that was waiting for my results so she could take me to do my CT scan came out and told me the machine broke and they had to send my blood over to the hospital to their machine for the test and it would be another hour at least, but that if I was still going to get a CT scan that day, that I would need to go to the hospital also and get it done there because they were closing too and they don't have weekend hours. Well, I am going to go back Monday before my appt and get the CT scan and then go to my appt. So I know nothing. In the meantime, they gave me a pain Rx if I need it, and they said if the pain gets too bad that I should go to the ER.

The thing about my last appointment was that he didn't do a CT or ultrasound or xray to see my kidneys for sure, so he didn't know 100% that I didn't have a stone, but since there were no red blood cells in my urine sample he didn't think I had a stone. Well today I started to feel sore in that area so I am nervous and want it checked out. I think it is a stone, but what throws me is that I really only feel the pain when I am walking or shifting my weight and using that side (my right side). Otherwise, like right now, when I'm sitting still I don't really have pain... and that doesn't seem like a stone because stone pain never goes away. The thing I think is that it might not yet be moving, but it might be in an area that is causing pain if I move around on that side.

I really need prayers, both for my emotional state and my health. I am so frustrated and upset right now for many reason. The biggest reason is that I'm dealing with this AGAIN, and 4 days after I was told I was clear. I am so tired of going through this, both physically and emotionally and I just want to have a normal life. Also because I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half and found absolutely nothing out because I couldn't have anything done or see the dr.

This is going to be a really long weekend. :(

1 comment:

ThoughtsON said...

That is really awful. How frustrating!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you - I hope everything works out just fine!