Monday, December 22, 2008

Update on my appointment

My appointment went well! They didn't find any red blood cells in my urine, so that is a decent indicator that I don't have a stone (especially because when I have a stone mine is LOADED with red blood cells). He wants to see me back in 6 months where he'll do an ultrasound to check out my kidneys, and he'll have me do a 24-hour urinalysis (I have to collect my pee for 24 hours! NOT FUN!) to make sure my medicine is effective. He even said two words today that I'm afraid to believe but he thinks I am, and these words are ringing in my ears: "STONE-FREE"!!!!!!! Let's hope!!!

I was even able to stay pretty calm! Last night I was able to fall asleep pretty well, with the help of Edward and Bella (I'm rereading the Twilight series). I was also able to think other thoughts this morning when I was getting ready instead of stress over the appointment, and in the 45 minute drive they played all of my favorite Christmas songs so I concentrated on the music instead my appointment. The only time I really stressed about the appointment was when I was actually there waiting to be seen.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. They worked!

Now I can truly enjoy the Christmas season. I am so excited to really get into it, as long as I don't blow away! It is REALLY windy outside! The dogs are barking at the wind because of how loud it is!

1 comment:

J said...

Woohoo!!! This is great news!!!