Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 2 down!

I completed Week 2 of the Couch to 5K Running Plan today and it feels great! Running is little by little getting easier for me. I am very excited to be heading into Week 3! Because I have a grad class on Mondays and Wednesdays, those are my off days, so the 1st day of Week 3 will be on Tuesday after work.

AND I am so excited to say that my first 5K will be on June 26th! A friend of mine runs in this one every year and has invited me to run with her. We want to get a team of 5 people to run together. I have two that would like to do it with me, so we need one more. It will be so exciting to have so much moral support as I am running in my first (hopefully of many!) race! I want to find one in July to run as well to keep it up, because I am going to also run one in September with my dad and my uncle. I have wanted my dad to get healthy with me so it will be exciting to run one with him! He is an avid golfer, along with me, and used to run quite a bit every day but as he got older, and as his ankles got weaker from multiple sprains, he has stopped running. I sent him the program I am doing as well and can't wait to hear his progress. Jeff and I are going on vacation with my parents this summer and I look forward to hopefully running with him then.

Off to the store right now! Have a wonderful, and hopefully active day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I admire runners mostly because I could NEVER do it! I walk/run my dog every morning and evening for about 10 or 15 minutes and every time it just about kills me! I wish I enjoyed it like you did ;)