Sunday, April 25, 2010

Smile :)

There is a smile on my face. I just completed week 4 day 1 of the Couch to 5K program, and I am hearing week 4 is the hardest, but I can do it!!! If I can get through week 4 and 5, I can do this whole thing! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

I was thinking to myself earlier that a little suffering now, which will lead into finding a hobby is a lot better than suffering from health problems and being overweight for the rest of my life. It is so worth it to me to do this! If not now, then when???

I also wanted to touch on music. To me, music is so important to my run. It really helps me get into a good rhythm, which I didn't have when I first started. I looked like a bumbling fool, I'm sure! One of my favorite groups to run to is Enter the Haggis. They are an awesome, very upbeat celtic rock band. They are so fantastic and they rarely have a slow song. The drummer always has a great rhythm to the song, and their music is easy to get lost on while you run. It is wonderful. But everyone is different. You have to find your music, the music that will help you. Some people don't run with music, but I need to. If I don't, I don't have anywhere for my mind to go except to my running and then I psych myself out. Music has always been what got me through tough times, so I wouldn't have it any other way than to have music go with me on this journey.

Who do you like to listen to?

No comments: