Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 1 Day 1 of Couch-to-5K down!

I decided to start a program to help me achieve my goal of running a 5K. I am not a runner right now, but I wouldn't mind being one! I've heard great reviews of the Couch-to-5K program and decided to start it! I did my first workout yesterday and it was GREAT (although I realized I tweaked it a little... OOPS! It is hard to remember some details after teaching 21 1st graders all day long!). Today won't be tweaked though, haha.

I also went to the gym after work yesterday for the very first time and it felt great (although a little crowded... hm, may have to do an outdoor run on Fridays). I am so proud for doing that! I know that I need to take my clothes to work and change there or else I won't go. I tried to go Thursday but I got home to change and Jeff was awake and the dogs were wagging their tails and it killed me that I would have had to leave, so I just stayed home. BUT I went on Friday and I am proud of myself. Unfortunately, because I have grad classes Monday and Wednesday for another month, I won't be able to go on those days

Anyway... I encourage you to check out the Couch-to-5k program! Follow me as I do it! Do it with me! Whatever you choose, but I hope it gets you thinking about fitness. OH and this is cool (although I don't have an Ipod :( )... if you have an Ipod you can download a podcast and it will work you through the workout. It will tell you when to run and when to walk and it is set to music, so you will have music to listen to. I think that is pretty awesome!

Ok I am off to the gym and I hope you are off to check out that website! By the way... if you are doing it, drop me a comment and let me know! I would love to know who is going to do this with me!

No comments: