Thursday, August 6, 2009

Guess what I'm dong this weekend...

camping! :) Jeff's parents bought a camper (so yes, fake camping, although I've been known to do some real camping in my life as well!) and the keep it on a site in West Virginia, so we are going camping for the weekend. I am looking forward to the time alone with my husband with virtually no technology (no regular TV, although they do have a DVD player, no computer, no cell phone... it will be along but I don't want to use it except to call Jeff's brother to check on the dogs). His parents are coming down too but they are leaving either Saturday or Sunday. We are staying until Tuesday. It will be like a mini-vacation.

I've been camping, both real and fake, since I was 5 weeks old. When I was a kid we went every single weekend from spring until late fall. I really miss it. Jeff and I don't go as much as we would like. It is something we will get into more when we have more spendable cash.

I will miss my dogs and really wish we could bring them along (long, touchy story that I'd rather not get into) but I will enjoy being able to sleep in and not have to worry about waking up to feed dogs or to let dogs out. :)

And hopefully I will be getting away from infertility for a few days and just pretend to be normal...

5 comments:

The Scott Household said...

Yay for camping! We used to camp a lot growing up - first in a tent and eventually in a camper. And in WV? So very jealous! My dad was born, grew up and lived in WV until he moved to OH and married my mom. My aunt still lives there and my grandmother lived there and is buried there.
Eat some pepperoni rolls for me, okay? They are the most delicious thing EVER. Seriously. If you like carbs and pizza-type items, you'll like these. :)
Have fun and enjoy the time away from everything else!

The Domestic Princess said...

I'm a "1 night camping kinda girl" but love it. With a camper I think I might be able to do all weekend. That stinks the dogs can't go with you. Have you seen all the cute stuff they have for dogs? We got our dogs these cute Motion Sensored Lanterns for their collars. Have Fun!

Annie said...

fake camping is the only way i'll go!
camping in campers is so much fun!!
enjoy your trip! :)

J said...

Oooooh, I love camping, especially if you don't have to sleep on the hard ground! Hope this weekend is a relaxing escape for you guys. Have fun!

Rachel said...

Have fun camping! I love camping sooo much! Enjoy yourself. :)