Saturday, April 13, 2013

28 weeks... hello 3rd trimester!



Wow! How am I in the 3rd trimester already?! Every day I am getting closer to meeting the munchkin using me as a punching bag inside! :) My mom sent my shower invites out this week, and the only thing I know is the date and time. I am so excited for a day to celebrate Charlie!

This week did have a downfall... I had my glucose test on Thursday. I had to take a sick day because of the time it was scheduled. The nice thing was, Jeff ended up having the day off too so he went to the appointment with me to keep me company and then we went to the zoo afterwards. :) The person taking my blood at the appointment was not the nicest, and seemed offended that I preferred to have it taken from one arm rather than another. AND THEN I got a call Friday telling me I failed it and have to go in for the 3 hour test on Monday. I NEVER take time off from school, so I am not thrilled about taking another day off to sit in the doctor's office for 3 hours now, without Jeff to keep me company, with the not-so-nice lady taking my blood every hour, instead of just once, and with the prospect that there could be a problem in this pregnancy. It has been wonderful so far... I am just praying that I pass Monday's appointment. I have a hunch about why I failed. My dr's office told me I didn't have to fast before the appointment, just to go about my normal day. Well I did and ate breakfast, including a glass of orange juice and a pop tart (we ran out of cereal!) and I have a feeling I was high because of that. My appointment was only a half hour after breakfast. Monday is a fasting appointment, so hopefully I will pass it! I am fairly careful with what I eat, so needless to say I am frustrated. We'll see...

Here are my questions for the week:


How far along: 28 weeks
Total weight gain: I don't know and right now I like it that way
Maternity clothes: Always... and the looser the better when I am at home. 
Sleep: OK but not awesome
Best moment of this week: Hitting my 3rd trimester!
Miss anything: I would love a big turkey sub right now!
Movement: All the time and LOVING it
Food cravings: Fruit, root beer (but not drinking it if I can help it!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really... just still don't eat a lot of meat
Gender: Didn't find out! It will be a surprise!
Labor signs: Too early, but having braxton hicks contractions here and there. Nothing major. 
Belly button in or out: Still in, but when I laugh or cough it pops out! TOO FUNNY!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy! 
Looking forward to: Hopefully passing my 3 hour glucose test on Monday. We also start Babycare classes on Thursday! And I have a doctor's appointment on Friday! Here's to a week full of baby!

No comments: