Saturday, March 9, 2013

A little late, but 23 weeks!



Let's face it, I will probably be late with each of my weekly update posts. That is OK as long as I still post! I want to be able to look back and remember this some day. This was an amazing week. We had our ultrasound! It was so amazing to see Charlie waving and moving around. We told the tech right away we didn't want to know if Charlie was a boy or a girl and he made sure that even he didn't look. Jeff was there and it was neat to see him experience a part of my pregnancy with him! He has been getting more excited and connected to the baby and to my pregnancy lately, and it is so nice. :) Baby looks great! He/She was 1lb 4oz and I am right on track for my July 4th due date! Ok... here is baby's 2nd picture (since the first was my first ultrasound!). This one is so amazing to see that this is a BABY and not a gummy bear!




How far along: 23 weeks
Total weight gain: 11 lbs total 
Maternity clothes: Yes! And shopping on Monday for some springier, lighter clothes. I am so tired of heavy and layers!
Sleep: Decent, but getting tough to roll over. I think it is funny that if I rest my belly on the bed, the baby immediately starts to punch where my belly is resting. 
Best moment of this week: Seeing the baby in my ultrasound!
Miss anything: Running, warm weather (though that is not because of the pregnancy... I just miss it!)
Movement: Yes ma'am!
Food cravings: Fruit, and this week I have been craving crackers with BLT salad on top
Anything making you queasy or sick: This week I have been pretty good. Tomorrow we are going to The Melting Pot with family and it will be interesting if I can handle being around all of the meat. I usually get the teryaki steak but I haven't been able to touch steak since the beginning of my pregnancy, so I don't know what I am going to do. Possibly just get chicken. It is already cut into pieces, so I MAY be OK with it. We will see! I just can't wait to go!
Have you started to show yet: More and more every day! Now my uterus is the size of a soccer ball, according to my pregnancy app and What to Expect
Gender: Still not finding out! :) Too late now, unless we have another ultrasound, and even then we will be so close I can just wait! Only 16 1/2 weeks to go!
Labor signs: Too early! I better not feel them for a while!
Belly button in or out: Still in, but very weird feeling, haha!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy! I am enjoying my 2nd trimester while I can... Only a few more weeks left in it!
Looking forward to: Shopping for more maternity clothes on Monday so I can actually wear something DIFFERENT

No comments: