Saturday, March 16, 2013

24 weeks... VIABLE!



The minute I found out I was pregnant I started counting down to 24 weeks... when I knew the baby would be viable with medical attention. Now, that does in NO WAY mean I want this baby to come out yet! Charlie needs to stay in there and cook a while longer! But it really makes me feel better knowing that, if something happens, Charlie can be helped and has a chance.

And as I sit here typing this, my little future soccer player is in my belly making it jump around like crazy! I really love the kicking. Jeff has started to see it and feel it and it is so cool. He is enjoying that. The kicks are getting harder and harder and right now are great, except when the baby lands a hard right punch to my bladder and then it is an INSTANT trip to the bathroom... which is tough as a teacher! I am thankful for every punch to the bladder though!


How far along: 24 weeks (and a few days since I am late at posting once again)
Total weight gain: 11 lbs total (Dr's appt on Thursday... that number will go up... bittersweet)
Maternity clothes: Yes! I was so happy to go shopping and buy a few more things. I am so tired of wearing sweaters and layers and so ready to be in tshirts! I hope hubby understands that 2 tshirts and 3 tank tops are enough to get me through 3 1/2 more months of pregnancy, because yesterday he made the "but didn't you just buy some tshirts?" comment when we were in Target. Maybe I'll give him 5 shirts to wear every single day, every single week to see how he likes it. :)
Sleep: Decent, but getting tough to roll over and definitely getting up to pee at least once a night again. 
Best moment of this week: The crazy movement and rolling and punching and kicking I've been feeling! That and picking out our furniture!
Miss anything: Running, wine (especially after the tough week I just had!), and a mouse-less house (not pregnancy related, but once again... what I am going through!)
Movement: Wheee doggie yes!
Food cravings: Fruit, BLT (on our menu for this week!), and ROOT BEER!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not as much! I did OK with the pieces of steak at The Melting Pot. Still can't do a big piece of meat, but meat overall is starting to be my friend again. 
Have you started to show yet: Bigger and bigger each day!
Gender: Didn't find out! It will be a surprise!
Labor signs: Too early! I did have a Braxton Hicks or two this week, but nothing else. Stay in there sweet baby!
Belly button in or out: Still in, but very weird feeling, haha!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy! But I was definitely moody this week!
Looking forward to: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my appointment on Thursday :) And buying the crib today. 

No comments: