Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In shock

*(this is not the serious post I was talking about... I am holding off a bit. But this is another serious post)*

Wow... I have been following a blog for a few months now. It was about a single woman who went by her initial "B" on her blog. She was pregnant with a baby named April Rose who was diagnosed in the womb with Trisomy 13 and another defect. Doctors told her to terminate and she did not. She carried this baby to 42 weeks before delivering at home with a midwife. Her baby was delivered alive. And that is where the bizarre happenings begin. Apparently this blog was a fake. April Rose does not exist. B, aka Beccah does and for some reason made all of this up. The picture of the baby that was posted was a picture of one of the "Reborn" dolls. The blog is now gone. I feel duped. I feel like someone was taking advantage of me, preying on the sympathies of others and the prayers of those offering their sympathies. I can not believe someone would do this.

At first I was thinking to myself that if I wasted all of those prayers on her that I was done praying for her. Of course... that is the human response. I was hurt. But that isn't a Christian response. I am going to pray for her. I am going to pray for her heart and her mind. I am going to pray that she comes to realize what she has actually done and asks for forgiveness. I ask that you do the same.

I can't believe someone would do this.

No comments: