Sunday, November 9, 2008

My 50th post!

Haha... what an accomplishment, huh? Not really. But still one worth celebrating. Life has been insanely busy and yet not busy lately. This has been a difficult semester, mostly emotionally, as it's been very stressful and frustrating (although frustrating for different reasons other than schoolwork a lot of times). I am very ready for it to be over. Only a few more weeks, but now is when all of my projects are due and this week alone I have two huge projects due. I am very ready for Christmas this year.

I've begun to sacrifice my body for the puppies. Actually, they didn't cause the injuries, but they happened while I was doing something with the puppies. I've never been the most coordinated person anyway. This was a few weeks ago:I was playing ball with the dogs and dislocated my thumb. It is feeling a lot better. It was sore for a while after I did it but I really do feel a lot better and that is the LEAST of my worries. I posted a while ago about doing something to my knee and I'll tell you the details here. Maggie was hiding behind a bush and I was trying to get her inside the house and turned my leg when I was walking down the steps. I went to the doctor and had xrays and an examination done and he said that I dislocated my kneecap and tore one of my ligaments (he said which one but I was just kinda shocked about what I did and they all have really long names that I missed what he said). I have to do physical therapy for a while and hopefully that will fix it and I won't have to have surgery. But I also have to wear a kneebrace for 6 or more weeks. Luckily it is one that goes under my pants and you can't really tell that I'm wearing it. It is to hold my kneecap in place and support my knee. Fun times, huh?

So yesterday was the "meet the baby" party for my niece. Jeff got to meet her for the first time and hold her!!! It was so precious and I couldn't get over watching him hold and cuddle with a baby. It was nice to see, and hear him say he was excited to have our own. Here are some pix for the day:
Jeff's first time meeting her.

Cuddling with my niece.

Jeffery cuddling with his niece.
Another adorable picture of them together!

And one more picture to introduce the names of my parents:
She is holding a Lollipop for a reason... her grandparents' names (my parents) are Lolly (or Lolli, or Lollie... she isn't sure how she wants to spell it yet) and Pop! Isn't it adorable? Haha! So at the party they had a BIG bowl full of tootsiepops, and she gave out this giant lollipop to the person who named her (Good job Vicki!). For those of you who don't know, my mom had a "name the grandmother" contest. She didn't want to be grandma, because my grandma goes by grandma so she didn't want two of them, and she didn't want to be Nana for the same reason. My dad was "Pop" in honor of his grandfather, who was his best friend, and she didn't want to be Grammy in honor of hers because she said the shoes were too big to be filled. She didn't want to be any of the semi-ordinary grandmother names because they just didn't fit her (Oma- we are German but it didn't fit her, Nanny, Nonny) or any of the out of ordinary names (Ma Bubbles, Bumpa- Bumpy for short, Anya, etc). She considered Granddeb, but didn't want to be called that because Jeff's mom's name is Deb so that would be confusing when we have kids, plus it just wasn't as cute as Lolly. So Lolly it is! We even had "We represent the LollyPop guild.... and we wish to welcom you to munchkinland" (from Wizard of Oz) playing on the speakers on the porch as people walked in (the song was my idea, haha... it just fits perfectly! They do represent the LollyPop guild and we now have munchkinland!), as well as "Lollipop, Lollipop oo la la Lollipop" playing.

It was a fun and exhausting day! Jeff and I went to bed at 9:30pm, which is rare for us! He was even asleep on the couch for an hour before that!

Alright, well back to my schoolwork. I could definitely use some prayers and encouragement as I try to get through these next few weeks, and also for a few more things both personal, and non-personal (like my knee). And now onto 100 posts!


2 comments:

kari said...

I am always getting injured for my puppies, either by them or for them. And I love Lolly and Pop, so cute and original.

Anonymous said...

AWWW! What a beauty!