Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November!

Happy November! I am so happy it is November. I like October, but I like November better. It feels more like the holidays, which are my favorite time of year. I'm not really a Halloween fan. I think it is a really greedy holiday which circles around evil, but at the same time it is fun to see the little kids dressed up in costumes and seeing the excitement in their faces as you hand them a piece of candy. I can't wait to be able to take my own kids trick or treating some day.

Yesterday was kind of crazy though with trick or treaters. I can't say I wasn't warned, because I was. One of my neighbors warned me that apparently they bus kids in from the city into our neighborhood to trick or treat here (our county has it set up so that trick or treating is on different nights, not necessarily Halloween night). I looked up the schedule and thought that because the city had trick or treating the same night as us, that it would be less kids. NOPE! We had about 300 KIDS!!! And THAT was only for the 40 minutes I handed out candy until I pretty much ran out! Yikes! Next year I am going to have to buy more of the one kind of candy that had a lot in the bag. The kind of annoying part was that there were A LOT of teenagers. I don't think they should be allowed to trick or treat. Maybe next year I will buy carrots and candy and give the carrots out to the teenagers, and candy out to the kids. Haha! That is a sure way to get my house egged!

Today was Millersville's homecoming. Jeff and I went to meet my parents there for the alumni breakfast and the parade. It was a lot of fun! We came back later for the "fall fling" thing they had there. It was a bunch of cool stuff for kids, plus then a craft fair. I got a few things to decorate our house with for Christmas.

Anyway... in between the parade and the fall fling, we went to Jeff's work's family day (I am not going to say the name of the company he works at just for safety's sake). For those of you who don't know, Jeff works at a factory that produces ice cream, milk, iced tea, and lemonade. He works in the lab testing the products for bacteria, etc, to make sure they are safe before they are packaged. It was SO COOL to see where he works and to meet some more of his coworkers and see the places he talks about a lot. He also always brags about how good ice cream is right off the line compared to when you get it in the stores and BOY IS HE RIGHT! The fun thing is that the tourguide wasn't going to let us try any, but Jeff went and just took a half gallon of the line for me to try and then tourguide went and got some "liquid chip" on it (pretty much chocolate that when it freezes it turns into the mint chocolate chips). It was SO GOOD! MUCH BETTER than out of a carton from the stores. You guys don't know what you are missing!

My knee is still bothering me. I am going to try and get an appointment for Monday to see an orthopaedic surgeon. I am really hoping that it isn't anything serious, but I really have my doubts.

And I am going to leave you with a funny picture today:Maggie says: "Don't bother me! I'm working!" :)

1 comment:

Vintage Gal Marialena said...

Maggie is so cute! Keeping you and your aunt in my prayers.