Friday, May 3, 2013

31 weeks!



31 weeks and each week is another week closer! I am in the single digits with 9 weeks left! YIKES! This time is going so fast, but yet I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER! I had a doctor appointment yesterday, which was great. I didn't gain any weight in the last 2 weeks, my blood pressure was great, and I was measuring near where I needed to measure. Jeff finally came to an appointment (he went to my 22 week ultrasound, but hasn't been to a doctor's appointment). He got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. So beautiful!

We are slowly but surly getting things done in the nursery. My shower is next weekend, on the 11th (my mom said there was only one weekend TO plan it... Mother's Day Weekend!), so we will be able to do a lot more baby stuff then.

Our childbirth classes are halfway over! Next week we watch the childbirth video and learn how to push. This week we learned relaxation/calming techniques for active labor. It is getting me so excited for this little one's arrival! We also learned about pain control options. I know that some people have very strong opinions about epidurals, but I never really experienced those strong opinions until this week when our instructor was talking about it and one woman was obviously NOT thrilled about hearing about epidurals. I am NOT about to get into a debate about whether or not to get one, but I wish others would not project their opinion and wishes on everyone.

Here are my questions for the week:


How far along: 31 weeks (and then some)
Total weight gain: 17 lbs total! My dr is very happy with that! I am glad to hear because I hate seeing that scale each week!
Maternity clothes: Always... and the looser the better when I am at home. Currently sporting a pair of oversized sweatpants so that I don't have pressure on the belly!
Sleep: Good, but I get SO HOT at night!
Best moment of this week: A good dr's appointment and hearing that beautiful heartbeat!
Miss anything: Turkey Sandwiches!
Movement: TONS! And I believe Charlie is now squished because every movement is semi-uncomfortable, but I am thankful for all of it!
Food cravings: Fruit, root beer 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still red meat
Gender: Didn't find out! It will be a surprise!
Labor signs: Too early, but having braxton hicks contractions here and there. Nothing major. 
Belly button in or out: Still in for now!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy! 
Looking forward to: Working more on the nursery and another childbirth class! I also can't wait to see our maternity pictures! We had them done on Sunday and I am sure they are beautiful!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How exciting! I remember when I had single digits left! You are almost there! Now my baby girl is almost 6 months old. Time flies!