Saturday, May 18, 2013

32 weeks! And thoroughly surprised!



**Not sure why this never published! Here is 32 weeks!

Jeff's family threw me a beautiful surprise shower on Sunday and I really had NO IDEA it was coming. It was so wonderful! They did a book theme, so all the food was after children's books... fruits and veggies for Very Hungry Caterpillar, meatballs for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, green deviled eggs and ham for... you guessed it.. Green Eggs and Ham! Pink Lemonade for Pinkalicious! And everyone brought a book with a special message in it for Charlie. It was wonderful and so perfect for me, the teacher! It really was wonderful and I could tell all the hard work and planning that went into it, down to the acting it took to get me there. Jeff and his family deserve an Emmy after that one! I crack up thinking of all the conversations they had that were staged to get me to this shower!

Today is my shower at my mom's. I am so excited! She's been planning it for a while. The only thing I know is the date and time (at my request because it was going to be a surprise, but I was getting overwhelmed).

I know that between these two showers, and all the people who came to them, that this baby is coming into the world well loved. I am tearing up just thinking about that! :)

Ok... onto my questions and then I have to get ready to go!


How far along: 32 weeks (and then some)
Total weight gain: 17 lbs total from last week... haven't weighed myself since then.
Maternity clothes: Always... and the looser the better when I am at home. 
Sleep: Pretty good, but it is harder to get and stay comfortable... and oh the peeing!
Best moment of this week: The beautiful surprise shower Jeff's family threw for me!
Miss anything: A nice glass of wine and sleeping on my stomach! Not to mention a good run. Jeff ran a 10K last weekend and I usually run in this event too. When he lined up at the start and I stayed on the side, I shed a few tears. 
Movement: Oh yes, although not so many kicks due to lack of room in there now! But the hiccups are out of control!
Food cravings: Fruit, root beer 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still red meat
Gender: Didn't find out! It will be a surprise!
Labor signs: Too early, but having braxton hicks contractions here and there. Nothing major. 
Belly button in or out: Still in for now!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy! 
Looking forward to: My shower today!

No comments: