Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nursery- a few of my favorite accessories

I wanted to post a few of my favorite accessories from the nursery, since they weren't as visible from the nursery pictures. :)

This is an owl bank that I painted at a local pottery painting place. I love it! It works so well with the room. :)


This is a beautiful crocheted ball that Jeff's great-aunt made for the baby. I absolutely adore it! She used brown and green for the colors in the nursery too. So precious to me!


The owl lamp we got at Target. We changed the lampshade to match the room because it came in black, but it fit so perfectly with the room! The penguin Jeff made when he was in high school and when I went away to college he gave it to me to watch over me (I LOVE penguins!). :) When we started the nursery, we were cleaning out the guest bedroom, where the penguin was living, and he told me that the penguin stays in the nursery to watch over the baby now. So cute. Hehe! And the adorable picture frame was a gift from our baby shower which I put my halfway ultrasound in the picture.


This is one of the maternity pictures we had taken when we had our pictures done with Krotzer Photography (Ky and Matt are friends of ours so it was an honor to have them do our pictures!). I created the backing for the picture and framed it. I just love how it looks in the room.


And of course the book shelves. I know I posted about them in the nursery post, but I am just so proud of my not-very-handy hubby (although he proved me wrong here!). He did a beautiful job on them and I just love how they look in the nursery on the wall!


So those are a few of my favorite things that we decorated the nursery with. I have a frame that is below the maternity picture frame that I love too that my mom gave us for my shower, but I don't want to post it because it isn't my kid that is in it. :) It will be much better when it is my kid's picture and prints in it!

No comments: