Monday, June 17, 2013

37 weeks (and pretty late posting!)



I am late posting this. And at this point I am almost 38 weeks, (but the picture shows 37 weeks). We had a pretty busy weekend so I totally forgot until now. And right now I am absolutely exhausted, so I don't know how long this one will be!

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. It was pretty good. I lost a lb, which I wasn't complaining about. I told them about my anxiety of being overdue and losing the baby. They told me I could elect to have an induction at 40 weeks if I wanted, but that they don't like to let pregnancies go past 41 weeks, which I was happy to hear. Hopefully baby will show up before 40 weeks though! I am pretty uncomfortable, so I wouldn't mind if something happened today... or tomorrow. I'll try to be patient! I have another appointment Thursday, so we will see! I am hoping they check me one of these days to see if I am dilated at all. I have been pretty uncomfortable, crampy, back achy, mild contractions. I was sure something was going to happen yesterday based on how I felt, and then nothing happened. I am excited to meet this munchkin and to find out BOY or GIRL??? :)

How far along: 37 weeks (and then some)
Total weight gain: Maybe around 20 lbs
Maternity clothes: Always... and the looser the better when I am at home. 
Sleep: Meh... I've had better. But (knock on wood) no insomnia. I just have to pee a lot.
Best moment of this week: Finishing school so I don't have to worry about going into labor during school! :)
Miss anything: Wine and running for sure! And my body...
Movement: Definitely
Food cravings: Fruit, coke slushies
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still red meat, but not as much
Gender: Didn't find out! It will be a surprise!
Labor signs: crampiness, back aching, contractions here and there
Belly button in or out: At this point I think it will stay in. It pops out a bit when I sit, but when I am standing it is in and not coming out. 
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, but definitely notice that I am getting moodier towards people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you the next three weeks! I hope he/she makes his/her appearance before you get too terribly uncomfortable. I remember the days when I just wanted to wear regular clothes again and my back hurt like nothing else. I ended up having to go in for induction because of my back pain, but once my OB broke my water, I started contractions on my own and didn't need any pitocin. Good luck!