Saturday, February 9, 2013

19 weeks (well... this past week... I am behind)



Almost halfway!?! How did I get here? I have my next dr's appointment on Feb 21st, and then my ultrasound on March 4th. My dr's office doesn't do the midway ultrasounds until 22 weeks... which is killing me as I see a few friends get their's done even before 20 weeks! I haven't seen Charlie since 9 weeks and I am DYING to see a baby instead of a gummy bear!

A few of the kids in some of the other 2nd grades at school have started to ask if I know what I am having, but my kids, even though they know I am pregnant, really don't talk or ask about the baby much. Maybe as I get bigger they will. It is OK though, because it does avoid some weird conversations with them!

This week my back really has started to hurt if I am doing too much or if I am up walking around all day. I took a stool to school to sit on, but even still as a 2nd grade teacher I am always moving and always on the go. Sitting doesn't happen much! By the time I get home I am ready to just lay down.... oh and on my side because on my back is NOT comfortable now! But no matter how uncomfortable I am, I am thankful for every second of it!


How far along: 19 weeks
Total weight gain: Haven't weighed myself... avoiding the scale!
Maternity clothes: Yes ma'am... or sir
Sleep: Pretty good, but some weird dreams if I am not getting a restful sleep!
Best moment of this week: Deciding on the names. :)
Miss anything: RUNNING... Jeff has been running a lot lately and I really miss my distances. I know that I can do it while pregnant, but it was so uncomfortable when I tried throughout the first trimester that I switched to walking. It has been so cold and windy here that I haven't gotten many walks in lately though. :( Definitely ready for spring!
Movement: Bits here and there this week, but still nothing consistent. I really want to feel the baby move from the outside so that Jeff can feel the baby and realize that there is a baby in there and that I'm not just getting fat! Haha!
Food cravings: Still fruit... I've been eating a lot of strawberries lately. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really... I just don't want meat still. 
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes
Gender: Still not finding out! :) (BUT SO TEMPTED!)
Labor signs: Too early! I better not feel them for a while!
Belly button in or out: Still in
Wedding rings on or off: On and very loose!
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, but I am feeling moody today. It may be partially cabin fever. I am so tired of cold!
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery stuff done! 

No comments: