Sunday, June 1, 2008

We are homeowners!

The last couple of weeks have been INSANE! I barely have time to breath, so this blog was put on the backburner for a little while. Of course, I decide to post in it when I really should be studying for a test!

We have a house! We settled on Friday and then right to the house to start cleaning and scrubbing the floors. Saturday we came up and Jeff and my dad put a verathane glaze on the wood floors so that we won't have to keep rewaxing them and it will make them easy to clean. Jeff's mom and I started to paint the half-bathroom and mudroom. We got one coat done, but it definitely needed more coats! Jeff and I went and bought a washing machine after we were done at the house. I can't wait for it to come! It will come Friday, along with hopefully our new living room furniture (I am waiting for them to call to set up a delivery date), and the comcast guy who will be coming to set up our TV, internet, and phone. Sunday we went back over to the house to check on the floors, shampoo the bedroom carbet, and put a final coat on the mudroom and bathroom. Well, Jeff ended up having to do another coat of the verathane on half of the living room because it dried funny, and I ended up having to put two more coats of paint in the bathroom and mudroom so we were there for a while!

We are moving in on Saturday and we can't wait!!! Jeff will be at the house painting this week. This is the last week of my insane schedule... then it will just be buys. My district is in school for 2 1/2 more days, and I have one class that ends on Thursday, however I still have two classes from now until July 10th. Wednesday I will be packing up the kitchen. Thursday I will be moving the kitchen. This time next week we will be in our new house!!!

No comments: