Friday, May 9, 2008

GOOD health news and some answers

I had a doctor appointment with the urologist yesterday as a follow-up from my surgeries. Before the appointment I had to do a 24-hour urine study, (I collect my pee for 24 hours so they can test it... its a blast). They also surprised me with a blood test, (I didn't know I was getting one until I showed up to get my pee container). And then at the appointment, before I met with my doctor, they did an ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder to see how they were healing and draining. Then came the actual appointment. There are currently no stones in my kidneys!!! And my kidneys healed well and are draining nicely. As for the answers... my stones are caused by my body. I have what is called a "renal leak". Somehow my body is leaking calcium into my blood and causing the stones in my kidneys. I asked if my excess tea drinking up until a few years ago had an effect, and he said it is possible, but that it wasn't the cause. My body causes the stones. So what are they going to do? Well, they have me on a medication with a REALLY long name that is a blood pressure medication, (my blood pressure is normal). The medication is meant to take extra salt and calcium out of my body in order to prevent me from getting stones. The doctor said it could effect my potassium level, so I need to keep things with potassium on hand in case I feel light headed or weak. A week after I start the meds I need to go in for a blood test to make sure my potassium levels are fine. I am so happy to have some answers for once, and some good health news! It has been a LONG time coming!

Tomorrow we are going to work on the painting for the house. I am really looking forward to getting it finished. I will try to remember to take my camera and take some pictures of everyone working to post on here. I really hope the weather cooperates! Jeff had to work tonight, but he went in at 6:30pm and will hopefully be able to leave around 3:00am to get some sleep before we have to go paint.

Our apartment is A MESS! We've started to pack (well, we have much of the place packed). It is just a maze of boxes and mess. I am embarrassed to have anyone over, but hey if you come over then cut us some slack because we are packing to move in a few weeks. OH! That reminds me! Less than a month from now we will be IN OUR HOUSE!!! That excites me!

I guess I better head to bed. I do have a busy day tomorrow!

No comments: