Sunday, April 6, 2008

Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours

"Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours". Our principal says that statement on the announcements every morning. Sometimes I doubt this statement, but it is true, even if it seems like nothing goes right.

We've had a lot of stress lately. The sellers of the house we are buying were trying to get out of selling, but now that has passed and it is our house. Two months from tomorrow we will be moving in!

I've had a lot of school stress happen. There are two classes that I have to take for my certification, and I have to take them early in my program. They are only offered in Summer session 1, and that is the last month of school for our district. So I have to take the classes. One of them I might be taking as an independent study, but I need to have a professor that is willing to do it during summer session 2 or 3, otherwise I have to take the class when it is offered or I risk putting off my entire program for an entire year. So the last month of school, which also happens to be the month leading up to closing on our house and moving in, I will be taking 2 classes. I can do it. I will need a lot of family and friend support and help, but I can do it.

One of the students in the class I work with is moving to another class. I will be so sad to see her go and miss her so much because the past few weeks she has become attached to me. But I know that this move is for her benefit so in the same way I will be happy for her when she leaves.

About a week after I started back to school from being out with pneumonia, Jeff and I both came down with strep throat. Luckily I only missed a day and a half of work for that, because we came down with it on a Thursday, so I had the weekend to recover.

But even through all of this, I am trying to keep a positive outlook. I am very excited to move, and I am excited for spring and for summer. I am excited for the end of the semester, and I am really looking forward to July because that is when my birthday is and when my classes will be over and I can just enjoy my summer (and hopefully puppies!). I will definitely be trying to make my days great! I just need to wake up with a smile, and keep that smile on my face all day long!

No comments: