Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dr's appointment

I had a dr's appt today about the stone. There is good news and bad news.

The good news is that it isn't ANOTHER stone, it is the one I had surgery on last month. It moved out of my kidney and all the way down to just before my bladder, where it got stuck. The pain comes from the stone causing what is coming out of my kidney being backed up into the kidney.

They gave me a 70% chance of passing it, but here is the bad news: If I can't pass it I need to have the surgery I had last year, which was the most painful thing I've had to go through. It was just awful. They put me on meds to help relax my ureter, so hopefully the stone will pass. I have another appointment on Monday to see how I'm doing. They are going to give me 3 weeks to pass it on my own before they do the surgery, unless the pain gets so bad, and then I can call up and request to have the surgery. I call it my "talk factor". If the pain is so bad I would talk under interrogation (with percocet already in me), that is when I will pick up the phone.

No comments: