Monday, July 5, 2010

Not a Whole Lot New

My life is a continuous cycle of running, job hunting, and waiting. Once in a while I'll have some excitement with an interview, but after that it is more waiting before I find out that I didn't get the job (because of course that is how the cycle continues). I am so disappointed and trying not to lose hope right now, but I am so scared that I won't get a job come the new school year. I really want to teach, and to provide for my family as well because once my school loans start back up, I will have to take any job. Will they even hire someone with a master's to work retail?? I don't know and I really don't want to find out! I hate that having further education is looked down on in education right now. I was offered a job with a district and then called a few days later and told the superintendent didn't want to pay me because I was too expensive because of my master's. I am praying that someone will see through that.

Running has become my stress reliever. When I am really upset I crave a run. Of course, it is most usually when I am not home to run. But when I am, I go. It is relaxing to me. I really would like to start running other places, not just my neighborhood, but I live near the city and it is not a place I want to run. So to run anywhere new, I would have to go somewhere else. I posted pictures of the rail trail from a few weeks ago and I think I would love to go run that if I can find someone to run it with me. I won't run it alone for fear of my safety. It isn't that it is a dangerous place... but it is remote and you just never know. I am tempted to head to the gym and run on the treadmill to see what distance I can go when I am on the same surface, etc. It is much easier to run on the treadmill, although I hate it because I get so bored.

I have tried to be positive. It is difficult sometimes. But I do have a wonderful husband, family, friends, a roof over my head, adorable dogs, and when all else fails... I'll head for a run (that is if I am home).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking about you and how you are doing with your job hunt. I really hope something works out for you- I am so sorry you are dealing with this stress!

Cory said...

I'm in the education field and have a master's. I was fortunate enough to gain the degree while working in the same district, but I do realize that if I ever move, I will most likely be in the same situation as you are.

Have you considered tutoring? Teaching college level classes? I used to tutor for Sylvan, and while the pay wasn't great, it was a nice small monthly income.

I am sending good job thoughts and prayers your way.