Friday, July 23, 2010

2 Miles and counting!

So I did it! I ran 2 miles without stopping for the first time a few weeks ago and IT.FELT.WONDERFUL! (And torturous during!) What a motivator in and of itself to continue and see how far I get. I have never been able to run even a mile without walking, but I am now running 2 miles!

So the other day I ran a two mile run with a new route and it was WONDERFUL. I felt like I could go longer (and now wish I would have!). My goal for my next run was to go longer. Well that next run was today, and that wasn't happening. It is so hot and humid out and I tried to beat the heat by running in the morning, and THAT didn't happen. It was so hot and humid while I was running. It was almost torturous and it was really hard to actually finish 2 miles, but I did it. Now I will have to run 2 miles every time. No excuse stopping! I've done it 3 times already! And who knows, maybe I'll be at 3 soon! My goal is to add another mile soon!

I am about to sign up for my first 5K ever! I am so excited! Updates on that to come soon!

And Jeff and I have been biking together, although I am taking a graduate class right now (my last! As of next Thursday I will be finished and have my Master's!) so it makes it hard to fit any exercise time in my schedule.

I am starting to wonder where I will run when I am able to go above 3 miles. Since I am adding that third mile soon, I will pretty much have run my entire neighborhood and it will be hard to expand unless I start lapping around, and I really don't want to do that in order to keep my mind fresh. The roads outside of my neighborhood are very busy and I wouldn't run on them. I will have to figure something out. I would hate to drive somewhere just to run because that takes some motivation out, but I may need to do that. I don't know. I will figure something out I guess. I am really looking forward to moving to the country someday!

Sorry this blog is so rambly! BUT get ready for my next post because it will be about my VACATION!

No comments: